Thursday, July 17, 2008

FRD's Entirely Too Early College Football Preview:National Outlook

"Gimme 'dat Heisman Nigga"- Beanie Wells

We've broken down every conference over the last few days so all that is left is the national scene.  Let me start by saying I reserve the right to change this before the start of the season, but I most likely will stick with it.  

The top 5 teams are, in my opinion, the major national title contenders.  After that I could see the next 7 teams as being sleeper title contenders.  After that it's pretty much up for grabs and I expect a lot of fluctuation like we saw in last years top 25 poll.  This poll should be update weekly throughout the season.  
  1. Oklahoma
  2. Florida
  3. Ohio State
  4. USC
  5. Georgia
  6. LSU
  7. Auburn
  8. Penn State
  9. Missouri
  10. Wisconsin
  11. Clemson
  12. Texas
  13. South Florida
  14. Arizona State
  15. Tennessee
  16. Texas Tech
  17. Virginia Tech
  18. Notre Dame
  19. West Virginia
  20. TCU
  21. Pitt
  22. Cincinnati
  23. BYU
  24. Alabama
  25. Michigan State
FRD's Pre-season All-American Team
QB- Tim Tebow, Florida DE- George Selvie, USF
RB- Beanie Wells, OSU DT- Fili Moala, USC
RB- DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma DT- Ricky Jean-Francois, LSU
WR- Vidal Hazelton, USC DE- Maurice Evans, PSU
WR- Jeremy Maclin, Mizzou LB- James Laurinaitis, OSU
TE- Travis Beckum, Wisky LB- Rey Maualuga, USC
OL- Alex Mack, Cal LB- Brandon Spikes, Florida, 
OL- Duke Robinson, Oklahoma CB- Malcom Jenkins, OSU
OL- Steve Rehring, OSU CB- Macho Harris, VT
OL- Andre Smith, Bama S- Nic Harris, Oklahoma
OL- Eugene Monroe UVA S- Taylor Mays, USC
K- Sam Swank, Wake P- AJ Trapasso, OSU

Heisman Watch List:  Let me say I'm downright terrible at predicting the Heisman winner.  In past years I've predicted Chris Sims, Roy Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, Chris Leak and Steve Slaton.  Hopefully I'm not a jinx as I have too much invested emotionally in this years pick
  1. Chris Wells, RB-OSU
  2. DeMarco Murray, RB- Oklahoma
  3. Tim Tebow, QB- Florida
  4. Graham Harrell, QB- Texas Tech
  5. Sam Bradford, QB- Oklahoma

No comments: