Friday, April 3, 2009

A Rebirth: We're Talkin' Baseball

It's been a long time my FRD friends, too long.  So I've decided to bring this blog back--hopefully with an influx of original material-- for the time being.  I'll attempt to encourage the other FRD contributers to do the same, but we're clearly not a very proactive group.  

Anyways, the start of the baseball season is just around the corner and I figured I would keep with the FRD tradition of providing the worst season preview possible for the occasion.  Since everyone is doing a season preview these days I'll spice ours up a bit by going with a movie theme (meaning I'll compare each team to a movie.)  Enjoy.  

Edit:  You know what, fuck that movie theme stuff. I'm writing this at 5:30 AM with a two hours of Property staring me down in roughly 4 hours. My priorities are seriously out of order.

Edit #2: I guess I should disclose that I used to be a bit of a baseball stats geek and keep that in mind when looking at these predictions.  On the other hand, I used to collect baseball cards too 

AL East
  1. Yankees
  2. Red Sox-WC
  3. Rays
  4. Blue Jays
  5. Orioles
AL Central
  1. White Sox
  2. Tigers
  3. Royals (My biggest sleeper squad, I like their makeup)
  4. Indians
  5. Twins
AL West
  1. Angels
  2. Athletics
  3. Rangers
  4. Mariners
NL East
  1. Mets
  2. Braves-WC
  3. Phillies
  4. Marlins
  5. Nationals
NL Central (Somehow I think this might be the best division in baseball now)
  1. Astros
  2. Cubs
  3. Cardinals
  4. Brewers
  5. Reds
  6. Pirates
NL West
  1. Dodgers
  2. D-Backs
  3. Rockies
  4. Padres
  5. Giants
Playoffs--

Yankees over White Sox
Red Sox over Angels (Donnie Moore Curse in full effect)

Mets over Astros
Dodgers over Braves
-----------------------------------------
Red Sox over Yankees
Mets over Dodgers
__________________
World Series:  Mets over Red Sox.  

***Bonus***
Award Predictions--
AL MVP:  Carlos Quentin
NL MVP: Albert Pujols
AL Cy Young: Jon Lester
NL Cy Young: Johan Santana
AL ROY: Brett Anderson, Oakland
NL ROY: Cameron Maybin  

I leave you with this....

1 comment:

Rev. Woodrow Morris said...

A, some might argue that your AL Central prediction is upside down. Two, you are only picking the Indians to finish fourth to piss Clevelanders off. And D, you calling the NL Central the best division in baseball proves that you have a learning disability.